Your Host Checklist
A little hosting help for your Girls Night In
Girls Night In gives you the flexibility to decide what kind of event to hold and how much or little planning goes into it. You can make it really big (a theme party for a large group of friends, families and work colleagues) or a small get-together.
Here is a checklist of things to help ensure any kind of Girls Night In is a big success:
- Get inspired! Learn how your Girls Night In will support important research efforts into women’s cancers and read real stories from cancer survivors
- Decide what kind of party works best for you, who to invite, the location and date
- Register your party either online, by calling the Girls Night In hotline at 1 877 GNI 0777 or by contacting your local office. That way you can get a complimentary Host Kit and we’ll know how Girls Night In is growing throughout Ontario
- Decide on the size of donation you will ask your guests to make. You might want to set a specific donation or entry fee (especially if tied to a theme) or suggest an amount similar to what they would spend during a typical night out on things like dinner, parking, taxis, movie or concert tickets
- Complete the invitations provided in the Host Kit (available to you when you register), make your own or use our handy e-vites. Provide your guests with any details about the donations you are requesting
- Send your invitations out early enough so your guests have lots of notice and can attend. It’s especially helpful since you’ll be asking for a donation
- Decide if you want to add any other fundraising ideas to your event like auctions, contests or sales. If so, begin collecting any prizes or fun auction items (they can just be a fun service you’ll provide). Please note: the Canadian Cancer Society cannot accept proceeds from raffles.
- Consider recruiting some friends or even guests to help with food, decorations or entertainment
- Before your Girls Night In events begins, have all the guest Donation Forms and envelopes ready to hand out
- Take lots of pictures at your event. We’d love to see how your party looked! You can upload digital pictures to our special Girls Night In Photo Album. Celebrate the success of your event and inspire other hosts like you throughout Ontario
- Celebrate your success by telling your guests how much you raised, along with a thank you note. You can download a sample thank you note when you register your event.