Because of you, nearly 400 communities united at Relay For Life events in 2014, raising over $40 million to advance cancer research and support Canadians living with cancer.
- Over 400 Relay For Life events took place across Canada.
- Over $40 million was raised.
- Each participant raised an average of almost $300.
- Teams raised an average of over $2000.
- 128,734 Canadians participated on 13,833 teams.
- 22,217 people volunteered.
- 28,296 people celebrated their survival at Relay.
Accept the baton. Register today!
You've done a lot over the years
The first Relay For Life event in Canada was held in 1999 and raised $85,000. Since then, Relay For Life has raised over $496.5 million for cancer research and support programs.
Register today and support us as we invest in the best research and make tremendous progress against cancer. We know more about what causes cancer, how it develops, how best to treat it and how we can improve the quality of life of people living with cancer. Today, over 60% of Canadians diagnosed with cancer will survive at least 5 years after their diagnosis. In the 1940s, survival was about 25%.
With your help, Relay For Life continues to be the Canadian Cancer Society’s largest and most important fundraising event, helping us have more impact, against more cancers, in more communities, across Canada.