Your contribution counts
Every dollar you raise at Relay For Life helps the Canadian Cancer Society to have more impact, against more cancers, in more communities, than any other cancer charity in Canada. You are helping us to:
- fund life-saving cancer research so that more people survive cancer than ever before
- stop cancer before it starts by promoting healthy lifestyles and advocating for policies that protect our health
- ensure no one facing cancer is alone by offering compassionate services and support to those living with cancer and their families and friends
- empower Canadians with information about cancer to help them make informed choices about their health
This year marks the Canadian Cancer Society’s 75th year in the fight for life. Throughout this milestone year, the Society will celebrate victories made possible by donors, volunteers, partners and staff, while continuing to work toward a future where no Canadian fears cancer.
Did you know?
- Cancer is the leading cause of premature death in Canada.
- The number of new cancer cases will increase by approximately 60% over the next 20 years due to our aging and growing population.
- But with your help, the cancer death rate is dropping - nearly 100,000 lives were saved in Canada between 1988 and 2007.
- The Canadian Cancer Society is the largest charitable funder of cancer research in Canada. Last year, the Canadian Cancer Society invested $46 million in cancer research, supporting the best cancer scientists across Canada.