Help someone quit
Deciding to quit tobacco is a decision that must be made by the tobacco users for their own reasons and in their own time. As much as you might like to, you can’t make someone quit, but there are ways that you can help.
Here are some ways you can support friends in their quest to quit:
- Show that you care. Ask how you can be of support and follow their advice.
- Be sensitive to their needs.
- Express your confidence and periodically compliment their efforts.
- Ask them how it's going and be a good listener.
- Help them to keep busy.
- Don't nag, lecture or put down a smoker. Quitting isn't easy!