The ULTIMATE Bicycle Ride to Fight Cancer - 400kms in a day!
This is kinda crazy and wonderful, please kindly take a moment to read why.
Cancer touches all of us sooner or later, meaning our friends, family and ourselves have to embark on a tough battle of survival that they sometimes tragically lose.
This time the ride is special to me as my wife survived cancer recently. Furthermore she had the worry of her Mum's battle with cancer too. I have my own early diagnosis too....
And I dedicate this year's ride to the memory of my close friends Paul O'Neil and Kevin Holland, both of who I have known since 1985. Paul passed away New Year's Day 2018 after a long and nasty battle and Kevin, one of the kindest people you would ever meet, succumbed last summer. May they rest in peace.
There are many fine events to raise awareness and funds for cancer research. However the Ride2Survive stands apart for a few reasons:
- As this event has no overheads.Every dollar and cent donated goes directly to cancer research
- The funds are directed directly into specific research funds, with not a penny lost on the way.
- We ride for 400kms in one day, from Kelowna to Delta in BC, Canada.
- We start together. We ride together. We cross the finish together.
- We are 100% volunteers, ensuring no costs come out of your donations!
I am taking on a physically-gruelling challenge, inspired by the battle against cancer. This is trivial when compared against what cancer sufferers have to battle. Please make my efforts worthwhile by giving as generously as you can.
Thanks for your support!
About the Canadian Cancer Society
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community-based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer. For more information, visit www.cancer.ca.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.