Welcome to My Fundraising Page!
I need to get something off my chest.
On May 3, 2019, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Wow! Breast cancer happens to other people ... not me? Without a direct family history of breast cancer and being far below the median age of 61, I was shocked by this news. I have been going for my annual mammogram screening since I turned 40, and for whatever reason, I am now the statistic: 1 woman in 8 will get breast cancer. Recently women have been told to no longer start having mammograms at 40, but to wait until age 50, and only go every other year. I am very grateful for early detection, yet adamantly disagree with this new approach in delaying screening to age 50; my prognosis would be very different had I waited an additional year for my next screening.
The universe has chosen this path for me, so I have chosen to make the best of this life journey and get involved with the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) as a volunteer and embrace the challenge of the CIBC Run for the Cure on October 6, 2019. Monies raised enable the CCS to:
• Fund relevant and innovative research;
• Support and advocate for the breast cancer community;
• Provide credible, unbiased information to help empower those affected by breast cancer or at increased genetic risk of developing the disease.
I need your help to reach my fundraising goals….
1. $10,000…… right now I am over $2,500, tracking for Top Calgary Participant and Top Team - BOOBS OR BUST!
2. $15,000 + (just to make sure better shoot higher)
3. Top Calgary / Top Alberta
4. $30,000 TOP CANADA!!!
Donations over $20 will receive an online email tax deduction receipt from CCS. Please join my Team "BOOBS OR BUST" for a great day of fun, strength, hope and celebration to Run For The Cure!
Thank you sincerely for considering my sponsorship request and I appreciate your kind support.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.