Welcome to My Fundraising Page!
I'm doing this run for a family friend who I've known for over 30 years, her name is Vincenza but we call her Vince for short. She is an amazing person with a great heart, simple girl who doesn't ask much from people. She was recently diagnosed with stage 4, and currently in treatment. Here are 10 facts about Metastic Breast Cancer (MBC)
1. No one dies from breast cancer that remains in the breast. Life is threatened when cancer spreads or metastasizes to a vital organ, such as the liver, lungs, brain or bone marrow, .
2. An estimated* 15,000 Canadians are currently living with metastatic breast cancer (also called Stage IV breast cancer). *Cancer registries do not track metastatic recurrences.
3. MBC accounts for about 5,000 deaths annually in Canada.
4. Treatment for MBC is lifelong and focuses on control of the disease and quality of life.
5. About 5% of people are Stage IV at their initial diagnosis.
6. Early detection does not guarantee a cure. MBC can occur 5, 10, 15 years after a person’s original diagnosis and treatment.
7. 20% to 30% of people initially diagnosed with early stage disease will develop MBC.
8. Researchers still do not understand why breast cancers metastasize. 9. Young people, as well as men, can be diagnosed with MBC. 10. Like early stage breast cancer, there are different types of MBC8. Researchers still do not understand why breast cancers metastasize.
9. Young people, as well as men, can be diagnosed with MBC.
10. Like early stage breast cancer, there are different types of MBC
Please contribute what you can to help me achieve my fundraising goal. Every dollar makes a difference. Your donation will fund ground-breaking research to help save the lives of more Canadians and provide support programs for people affected by breast cancer.
Together, we can change the future of breast cancer.
Thanks in advance for your support!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.