Welcome to My Fundraising Page!
Friday, October 3, 2014 marked the first time I heard the words "you have cancer" and I realized my future was no longer promised to me. Not that it is promised to anyone, but as a 33 year old newlywed, I assumed I had lots of time left to experience life. Following the completion of my treatment, five year survivorship has been my goal. I'm so happy to say, here I am.
The life saving research being supported by the Canadian Cancer Society has allowed me to live my best life for the last five years. Here's a small sample of what I've been able to do with that time:
- Enjoy the first five years of marriage to my best friend
- Watch my niece and nephew (both babies when I was diagnosed) grow up to a whopping 6 and 5 years old
- Begin and thrive at a new job
- Start and finish a masters degree in leadership
- Travel throughout Canada's East coast, London, Munich, Austria, Spain, Paris and Costa Rica
- Stand for both of my pseudo-sisters at their beautiful weddings
- Welcome a great-nephew
- Watch one of my dearest friends become an incredible mother
- Move into a new-to-us home that we love
- Create countless memories with friends, family, and friends who became family
It's hard to describe how grateful I am to have had five more years to spend with the people I love, and how difficult it can be to remember those who did not get that same opportunity.
This will be the fifth year that I will be participating in the Run for the Cure, and Jeremy and I will be volunteering again to double our impact. We will be cheering on participants as start/finish line marshalls at the Barrie/Orillia event. Maybe we will see you there! I have also set my fundraising goal at $2,500 to try to beat my personal best. Since my first run, my supporters have helped raise over $16,800 toward breast cancer research. What an unbelievable accomplishment for a group of a few determined, loving people. I am asking once again for your support toward this very personal, very important cause.
Cheers to another five!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.