1. Help your neighbors. Last year in Elgin-Middlesex 586 patients were provided rides by our volunteer drivers through our Wheels of Hope program.
2. Enjoy the ride. It’s a non-competitive ride, meaning it’s all about the camaraderie, sights and fun.
3. 1 in 5 cancer patients in Ontario have trouble getting to their lifesaving treatment appointments. Help them get there.
4. Be active. About one third or all cancers can be prevented by eating well, being active and maintain a healthy body weight.
5. 219,000 kms. This is how many kilometers 147 volunteers drove in Elgin-Middlesex in 2013 through the Wheels of Hope program. This is the equivalent of driving our cycling course 2,576 times.
our pack for a cycling adventure. Ride with us on September 20 in support of the
Wheels of Hope program.
This years route offers participants a 85km country ride from East London to Woodstock and back. This non-competitive fun ride is all about endurance. Click here to see the route.
The event will begin at London City Chrysler at the new London Airport Auto Mall (Dundas between Veterans and Crumlin Side Road).
Riders will be provided with snacks and water at the start, turn around and finish locations and the ride will be supported with volunteers cheering you on along the way. Post event lunch and celebration will be provided for all registered participants.