Reduce your risk
Your lifestyle helps contribute to your overall health so you can play a vital role in reducing your risk of developing breast cancer.
Here are some important tips:
- Get screened regularly.
- Stay active! Physical activity contributes to greater overall health.
- Maintain a healthy weight, as having a lower percentage of body fat can positively influence hormone levels, which decreases risk.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink to one drink or less per day. If you can, avoid alcohol altogether.
- If you smoke, try to quit.
- Know your body! Talk to your doctor about any unusual changes to your breasts.
- Be aware of the risks involved with taking hormone replacement therapy (HRT).