Frequently asked questions
- I tried to fill out the form to run an event or participate in an event and it already says I'm a user What do I do next?.
AnswerGolf Fore the Cure teamed with Canadian Cancer Society to offer a simple online fundraising option. If you have fundraised for Canadian Cancer Society online in the past, please use that username and password information, if not, please follow the “forgot my password” steps below.
- I forgot my password. How can I get a new one?
AnswerYou can use the "Forgot password" link on our login page. You will be asked for your email address. We will send your password to your email address.
- I forgot my username. How can I retrieve it?
AnswerYou can use the “Email me my username” feature on our login page. We will send your login name to your email address.
- How are tax receipts issued?
AnswerTax receipts are issued electronically to donors in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
- Who is eligible for a tax receipt?
AnswerAnyone who makes an online donation of $10 or more.
- I would like to donate on behalf of another person to help them with the online system and for them to get an e-receipt.
AnswerDo not attempt to donate on behalf of someone else by using your Canadian Cancer Society login. If you wish to help a friend with their online donation please follow these instructions:
- Make sure you are logged out of the personal account by clicking on the logout button.
- Click on the Donate button at the top left hand side
- Search for a participant
- Click on the donate now link
- Fill in the donation form as if you were the donor
- You must have a valid e-mail address to proceed. DO NOT USE your own e-mail address
- The tax receipt will be e-mailed to the person.
- I registered online and I'm wondering how can I get others involved with me?
AnswerGreat! You can use the e-mail invitations to send friends, family, or co-workers personalized asks requesting a contribution. To take advantage of these tools, please log into your Participant centre
- How will the funds raised be used?
AnswerFunds raised will help:
- fund the most promising breast cancer research projects in the country
- provide breast cancer support and information in your community.
- Who can I contact if I have further questions?
AnswerPlease contact the Canadian Cancer Society via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 416 934 5349.